Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sept. 2, 2005 - Walter Payton's roundhouse

I think I speak for every one in that we got to play the fastest 40 minutes of our lives last night. Great crowd, good sound and just a generally good time. We were relaxed and I think played well. I met a lot of new people, but didn't really get a chance to talk to those friends I already know. Reminds me of a time I haven't seen for quite awhile. Bittersweet, but to those of you who probably read this, sorry and we'll sit down one of these days and do some of that catching up shit. Sunday? On the river. Looking so forward to that.

Either way, Mike and Joe turned out to be great guys and players as well. I like that they were as open and interesting as their reputation would normally preclude. I hope to see more of them in the future. Any one who just found this, welcome and leave a message.

In short, I had more fun than I've earned and hope you did, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Kevin... i forgot to say that last night. but well, actually i didn't, i was just satifisfied enough with hearing you up there with your mates... and seeing you smile. Smiling's fun... and that's all i did the whole time small shiny things was playing. i told Theresa and Becky listening to you guys is like a full body massage. Well then, there you have it.
(hi to Ron and Jay and Chris too!)

Anonymous said...

I wish to thank you for your beautiful song and musical gift. No sooner had I said that I wish you had a cd I could buy, a girl came up behind me and offered me a cd with some of your songs. Ask and you shall receive. Thank you very much. im listening to it right now. I hope to find you playing somewhere again soon.
Tara