Thursday, September 15, 2005

Truly a bummer.

It has been brought to our collective attention that, inconceivably, the spammers have moved into the territory of blogging. I can't believe this--it's like coming home from work and finding a telemarketer sitting on your couch.

While finding a telemarketer on your couch would be welcome for the sole reason that now you could actually get your hands on the son of a bitch, we are afforded no such opportunity here. Thus we are reduced to our one remaining option, and that is to disable the anonymous comments. Please, please don't think for a minute that we don't cherish your comments, and we hope that the fact that you can no longer post anonymously will not deter you from checking us out and throwing a little shit our way from time to time.

I guess this is progress, huh? Some call it that, anyway.

Peace, love and understanding to all.

7 comments:

F.W. Vulcan said...

Jay,
log the account and click the settings tab then click on comments. Click the radio button next to yes where it says >show word verification. That will get rid of the code-generated spam.

Jeff

Bone said...

Ah. I see. Thank you.

Umgawa said...

Yeah, it's either word verification or your alternative is to get an external service, like how I'm running my comments on Haloscan. Of course, that's largely just a carry-over from the old days when Blogspot didn't do comment hosting.

Bauler said...

oh tom,
we love you truly.
no, we really do, call us...

cheers
chris

Boston said...

Progress my ass. But I'll have a heckuva time finding my blogger account for these purposes:) My best to all, boston

glomgold said...

And the thing is, these spammers rarely advertise anything that looks even remotely interesting. "If you like faux wood curtain rods, then check out fauxwoodcurtainrods.com, it's about faux wood curtain rods and stuff". Yeah...

Boston said...

glombold, you must not hang in interesting enough places. I didn't think I am, either, but I'm getting some phenomenal sex aid and anti-anxiety/depressant drug ads.