Saturday, March 04, 2006

I actually had this conversation.

On 3/2/06, Bill Artlip wrote:

Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing Covergurl. I have the night off. The lead singer Jessica is the one from Rockstar INXS last year (Note: Kevin's band is not playing anywhere tomorrow. And if they were, I'd still go see Covergurl. I know talent, when I see talent... or maybe I see she's prettier than Kevin, but whatever it is that I see it becomes more clear after every Payton beer.):
Friday, March 03 Flyer
Walter Payton's Roundhouse Route 25 (205 N. Broadway) * Aurora, IL
______________________________

Kevin Trudo wrote:

I'd rather eat my own stool. And after that GARBAGE Email, I know that your ideas of talent are (euphamistically) completely wrong-headed and fucked. You'll get yours.

K
_______________________________


On 3/2/06, Bill Artlip wrote:

Someday you have to give in and see this band with Jessica perform live. You're in denial. Jessica will beguile you. Don't live in fear or you're only letting the terrorists win.
And yes, I hope to get mine someday. I'm due. Bring it on.

_______________________________


On 3/3/06, Bill Artlip wrote:

So far Melissa and some of her friends may go, along with Craig, Tom, his sister Amy and Ed. Kevin is giving me shit, but I'm still trying. He's being funny. He wants nothing to do with her after all the times I told him how he has to see her. He wouldn't even turn on INXS Rockstar when I'd call during her performances. I'll call you when I'm on my way. My cell is xxx-xxx-xxxx.
_________________________________


Kevin Trudo wrote:

Bill,

I was thinking how nice it would be to go somewhere close and see some old friends and have a nice time. I haven't seen Melissa in a coon's age, but then I realized I'd have to enjoy my evening with the soundtrack of Covergurl. Bill, I love you and all, but you must be clouded by horny to enjoy even a bit of the death of all artistry in music that is the coverbands and endless reeling stream of looks over substance we endure in this vapid post American Idol world. I WILL NOT contribute money to watch pretty boys and pretty gurls (sic) play uninterpreted schlock for apathetic, indiscriminating drunks. Apparently all semblance of artisry or the endeavor to be any more that very attractice carbon copies of great things (although judging by the sample set list at their website from a year ago when I checked it out upon your first reccomendation-the imitations are not evn of great things, but-like paintings of turds-copies of inferior material) is all we have left and will be the artifacts they dig up of our white washed and inoffensive culture in a few thousand years. We were not great artists, or even artisans, but we had bitchin' tribute bands and some great white guy blues.

Fuck the suburbs and feel free to forward this if any one things I'm Captain Poopy Pants for not coming.

Kevin

______________________________

And then Bill responded all mature and such, but fuck you, Bill-the damage is done.

No comments: